Site Meter

April 26, 2010

Muses

I'm not a great believer in most mumbo-jumbo, but I think I had my first experience of being around a muse over the past week.

The Muse, or M for short, is the daughter of one Tim's 'crowd' from his Kansas City days. Biologically, she's young, a mere twenty-five years old. Tim remembers her as a child, precocious and fun, soaking up the energy from the eclectic bunch of people she grew up with. Despite her age, the catalogue of her life experiences to date seems endless. Right now, she's doing the rounds in Europe and we were lucky enough to spend time with her during her first visit to London.

It wasn't the first time I'd met her. That was last year, close to midnight on Fat Tuesday. Mardi Gras, baby. New Orleans. Strangely, it was the same time I'd been given my 'lucky' transit token. That story is here.

Anywho, whilst living in LA it seems she was in the right place at the right time to rub shoulders with all the right people from the music industry. So much so that she's currently dating the drummer from one of my favourite songwriter's new band. It seems that if I want to meet him and hang out with the band I just need to make it to any of the shows on their upcoming tour.

NEED MONEY!!!!

Maybe I should start a PayPal fund...

Long story short, just having her around was incredibly inspirational. During her visit I was almost constantly jotting down lyric ideas and had a constant melody stream running through my brain.

Now she's gone. I need to turn my random scribblings into something cohesive.

No comments: