Site Meter

January 7, 2009

I Couldn't Make This Up...

...not that I would want to!!!!

Okay, so the spark that ignited the fire under us to go to Mardi Gras in New Orleans this year was the fact that the Derek Trucks Band would be playing there...



So, it seems that they've just announced 3 dates in Europe (at least one of which we'll be going to... probably London... maybe Manchester!)

Tickets for London aren't on sale as yet, but if you're anywhere near Sheffield, Manchester or Paris, go to their website and climb aboard the funky train!

They're obviously supporting their soon-to-be-released album "Already Free", which I've not heard yet, but I'm 99.9% certain it's going to be a cracker!

3 comments:

Ken Skinner said...

Okay, so I'm commenting on my own post! Is that a first?

It's got me wondering whether they've fixed a venue for the gig yet. Previously they've played at the Astoria on Charing Cross Road, but since that's being torn down to make way for crossrail... where will they play? Hopefully it won't be some god-awful huge venue.

Axe Victim said...

Mate, if it's the Shepherds Bush Empire it'll be amazing. It's my new favorite London venue. I saw Stranglers adn Alabama 3 there with Ister and it's a cracking place to play/see a band. Just get me a ticket when you book will you? And get standing tickets so we can mosh.

Ken Skinner said...

Definitely looks like Shepherds Bush Empire...

School night, but what the heck, eh?