Site Meter

January 27, 2009

What's In The Box?



No prizes for guessing!!!!

Yes, I couldn't wait until 'after school' to check out the Blackstar so I trucked it down to Ivor Mairants Music Centre on Rathbone Place at lunchtime. They had two HT-5 combos in stock. I snagged the boxed up one rather than the display/demo model. Hopefully it's all good.

Now I just have to get it home...

I may not actually jam on it until the weekend, though. I need to practice my rockschool stuff and, whilst being amped up would be a good thing, I might be tempted to waste away the few hours I have left noodling rather than being productive. We'll see... Wednesday night sees us in the glorious company of Ms Grace Jones at the Camden Roundhouse, then on Thursday I have Rockschool followed by gym. Friday night sees us at the Annie Liebovitz exhibit at the National Portrait Gallery. Last chance before it closes. That brings us to the weekend, so realistically, if I don't unleash the beast tonight, it'll have to slumber for a few days yet. Then again, on Saturday we have a friend coming in from Paris and a birthday do in the evening. D'Oh!

Maybe I should take a look inside the box this evening... just a peek...

2 comments:

Pribek said...

If you open the box, you got to plug in. It's like a law of physics or something.

Ken Skinner said...

I really want to open it now and plug it in, even though I don't have a guitar in my office! After really digging the display model I want to free this puppy from its brown cardboard prison cell.

I could, of course, justify it by saying I'm warming the valves up...

I'm assuming it'll be an identical build quality to the display model, in which case for a low-cost amp it looks incredibly well screwed together and finished.

It won't win any beauty contests, but hey, it's a black box which makes noise, so who cares, right?