Site Meter

January 25, 2008

Broken Teeth...

The bullet has been bitten. I’ve signed up for the remainder of the catchily named Guitar Improvers Intensive course with the Westminster Adult Education Service. There are 7 more lessons to go (I’ve missed 2 already), but I can only make it to 5 of them, starting on the 9th February... that is unless I can get my tail out of bed bright and early tomorrow morning.

There are currently only 4 other people on the course and it’s acoustic-based, so I don’t know whether it’s going to fulfil my requirements, but y’know, a step forward is a step forward, even if it’s just a small one.

Other than that, I’ve ordered a number of the "Classic Albums" series on DVD. The shows take, well, classic albums and dissect them, looking at how they were recorded and all that good stuff. I’ve ordered the following:

Cream, "Disraeli Gears"
Steely Dan, "Aja"
The Who, "Who's Next"
Fleetwood Mac, "Rumours"
The Grateful Dead, "From Anthem To Beauty"

I caught half of the "Rumours" show the other week and it was fascinating, showing how simple the creative process was in theory, but how complex it was in practice. I keenly await their arrival.

Oh, I also put an eBay bid in on U2, "The Joshua Tree" from the same series. Not really a U2 fan, but hey, variety is a good thing, right?

No comments: