Site Meter

January 9, 2008

The Continental Divide

Musically speaking I've drawn a blank so far this year, but that's not surprising as I've been in the US for the past two and a half weeks visiting in-laws and friends over Christmas and New Year's respectively. Our travels took us from Kansas City to Springfield MO, then Houston TX and back again.

For me, the highlight of the trip came on our last proper night out. We'd arranged to hook up with a friend of ours from London who was visiting friends of his in Kansas City. Cutting an extremely long and event-filled story short, one of his friends turned out to be into music, too. We spent a while talking shop, getting liquored up and trading shirts... as you do. He seemed like a real fun dude (there's a joke in there, for the initiated!) Hopefully we can stay in touch with him... He did send us a message suggesting that he might try to make his way over to London some day. Sounds like a good time to me.

Anyway, here I am at the start of 2008, starting from zero. What I really need is some kind of action plan to help me get from the gutter to the stars.

No comments: