Site Meter

February 2, 2009

The Iceman Cometh

Last Thursday, as was riding to Rockschool I looked up at the sky and, instead of the inky black that I'd become accustomed to over the winter months, it was a dark, dark blue. The days, it seemed, were getting longer. I remember thinking to myself, "Summer's on the way!!!!"

And then, this morning...



Actually, the snow came in yesterday evening. We were out visiting my folks on the bikes when it started. It didn't get bad until we were half way home, when arctic blizzard conditions hit and we basically skiied the rest of the way home.

Public transport is out. Schools are closed. Offices are shut.

As far as I know there's only one person whose plans for the day have not been disrupted...

2 comments:

Axe Victim said...

I got up, saw the white and that the roads were awful, lit a fire, went back to bed. I missed the entire street having a huge snowball fight!

Furtheron said...

Yep - I didn't attempt to get to work. Mrs F and the kid are off as thier respective schools are shut.

Mrs F had a nightmare on the way home from swimming club last night as that was when it really hit, she slithered to a stop on the hill outside and I just managed to get the car on the drive... it can stay there now.