Site Meter

February 10, 2009

Please Be With Me

No reason... just because...

Upon my word what does it mean?
Is it love or is it me
That makes me change so suddenly
From looking out to feeling free?

I sit here lying in my bed
Wondering what it was I said
That made me think I lost my head
When I knew I lost my heart instead.

So won't you please read my signs
Be a gypsy
Tell me what I hope to find deep within me
And because you can find my mind
Please be with me.

Of all the better things I've heard
Loving you has made the words
And all the rest seem so absurd
'Cause in the end it all comes out I'm sure.

So won't you please read my signs
Be a gypsy
Tell me what I hope to find deep within me
And because you can find my mind
Please be with me.


From "5'll Getcha 10" (1971) by Cowboy
Scott Boyer & Tommy Talton

Do your soul some good and check out the non-album cut featuring Duane Allman (taken from "Duane Allman - An Anthology") by clicking here.

5 comments:

Axe Victim said...

I think we must be the only people in blog-land that actually own this ablum mate.

Ken Skinner said...

:-) Which is something of a shame, eh?

It's actually available (I've seen it!) from some site that I can't remember but you can find it through Google. The site has a load of old albums that simply don't exist anymore. The ethos of the site is to keep the music alive. It's doubtless 100% illegal, but the guy isn't taking money and the albums are never going to see the light of day again, so I actually support his ethos.

Ken Skinner said...

And I so want to do a cover of this one, but I need to make sure a) to make it something different but in the same spirit and b) to do it justice. I'd hate to murder such a beautiful song that's meant so much to me over the years.

Axe Victim said...

For God's sake Ken - dont' touch it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you send me a link to the record site?

Ken Skinner said...

:-)

If I do touch it I'll make sure it's either really good (better than Clapton's version, which isn't half bad!) or it'll never see the light of day!

And I won't be singing on it!

Don't PANIC!!!!